A designer creates a sense of place. They understand the technicalities of renovating a space; providing clarity to your vision, efficiency within a space and balance functionality with form. By working with a designer, it means you can take the guesswork out of the process, you’ll receive validation in your decision making especially when it comes to the most efficient and effective use of a space, sustainability of materials and creating a cohesive look. A good designer has a wealth of knowledge and experience that you can tap into to elevate your design.
It is a designer’s purpose to bring life to innovation. Good design considers the environment, the future of the space, and how the space can transform the lives of those living there.
Our top reasons for why a designer is worth the investment.
- Saves you valuable time by spending all those years gaining the experience, researching the latest products, and a complete understanding of Australian Standards and the building code. So, you can spend that time doing the things you’d rather be doing, like spending time with family, picking up that hobby you’ve always wanted to try, or simply catching up on life.
- Gives you confidence and validation throughout the renovation process. So, you can feel confident knowing that your renovated space will be an efficient use of the area, it will be functional and practical, it was meet your needs whether that be storage, bench space, light, etc, and of course meet Australian Standards.
- Budget management, based on years of design and practical experience. A designer knows where to spend your budget and where you can be cost efficient for the best return on investment. They will be able to keep you on track with your budget and flag when something may be outside of your budget. This is particularly important when developing the layout and functionality of a space; one simple change can lead to a ripple effect of other changes.
- Brings your vision to life. That vision will likely include a sense of place; how do you want to feel in your home. A designer knows how to create that feeling through careful consideration of layout, functionality, colour, texture, lighting, scale and use of pattern. They can bring that vision to life by creating design solutions that push the boundaries of standardisation, through their practical knowledge of each trade.
- Uses a streamlined system to ensure your design plans are developed efficiently and effectively.
Our team of talented designers are trained in the practical understanding of each trade and kept up-to-date with Australian Standards and the building code. We also have one of Australia’s only Certified Designers in-house (which we’ve linked a previous article that outlines what a Certified Designer is so you can find out more). This is why our clients trust us with their homes, why they continue to come back with new renovation projects, and why we’ve won numerous awards at Australia’s national housing and designer award programs.
If you would like to have a chat with us about your renovation, feel free to head to our Contact Us page and fill out the form. Once we receive your email, one of our team members will get in touch to discuss your renovation.