Take a moment to imagine what a difference an extra $25,000 could make to your renovation… You could renovate a second bathroom, add a skylight or install underfloor heating. How about expand the kitchen, add a butler’s pantry or introduce all-new touch sensor appliances?
Am I eligible?
The Australian Government HomeBuilder grant of $25,000 is available for eligible owner-occupiers to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing one. It’s a scheme designed to help stimulate the economy and could be just the helping hand you need to start your home renovation project now or take it to the next level.
Owner-occupiers must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- 18 years or older;
- An Australian citizen
- Your income meets one of two situations based on your 2018-19 tax return:
- $125,000 or under per annum for an individual applicant; or
- $200,000 or under per annum for a couple
You are not eligible if you are a company or a trust. Your renovation is not eligible if it is for an investment property.
When can I access the grant?
- Renovation contracts must have a budget of $150,000 – $75,000, and where the value of your existing property does not exceed $1.5 million.
- Construction must commence within three months of the contract date
- The grant must be used on improving the accessibility, safety and livability of the dwelling effectively ruling out swimming pools, tennis courts, outdoor spas, saunas, sheds or garages.
Further details, criteria information and the application form can be found here.
Luxury at your fingertips
If you believe you qualify for the HomeBuilder grant get in touch with us today… and your new normal will be anything but.
In need of a break?